AMSTERDAM 248 POSTCARD
Size: 15 cm x 10.5 cm. Material: Double-sided cardboard 24 points. Weight: 10 grams. Screen printing. Made in Mexico by Luuupa.
In 1902 the Jockey Club of Mexico City bought the land of "La Condesa" in order to establish a racetrack. An agreement was signed so that after 15 years of exploitation, the land could be subdivided and integrated into a 60,000 m2 public park. In 1922, a competition was launched to redesign the state and architect José Luis Cuevas proposal was selected, drawing inspiration from the Garden Cities that Ebenezer Howard had envisioned in 1898. In 1924, the racetrack closed and began the process of transforming the neighborhood , creating the emblematic Amsterdam Avenue. These postcards celebrate the architectural diversity of the facades of the emblematic Amsterdam Avenue. This postcard is part of a collection of 9 postcards behind which are located each facade.